In our new series of crowd-pleasing fitness books and tools reviews, we have reach a new world of reading mile-stone review, we have recently taken a closer look at the noteworthy Sole E35 elliptical.
Sole Fitness has been around for about a decade and is now considered to be one of the fastest growing fitness equipment manufacturers in the globe. Today the product that’s going under our scanner is Sole Fitness’ best seller, the e35 elliptical trainer. The E35 is a midrange product among a total of 6 elliptical trainer models Sole Fitness has to offer. It’s the Sole E95 little brother. This particular model is not really a fully loaded top of the end machine. So it’s really not fair to pit against the more expensive models. What you do get for the money you spend is a machine with a decent LCD, built in speaker, cooling fans, 20 different resistance levels, 6 standard workout programs, 2 custom workout program, and of course the quintessential water bottle holder. These are in no means the only features the E35 has to offer.
This Sole E35 elliptical review intends to dig deeper and reveal all its features, advantages, and disadvantages before giving you the final take on whether this particular model is worth its price tag.
2015 Sole Fitness Black Friday Sales
For this Sole Fitness Black Friday world-or-reading bring you our best researched elliptical and treadmill deals for 2015. Remember, these deals will be available for one week (Black Friday) only no exceptions. Don’t miss out on this week’s Sole E35 Black Friday sales, if you are considering making the investment, why not doing in now and get a great deal whilst buying the Sole Fitness elliptical you want anyway.
Sole E35 Elliptical Notable Features:
All the major fitness companies, such as Sole Fitness, NordicTrack and Precor are in a desperate attempt to pack in more features.
Now, to be completely honest some of these features are practical while others are simply there to look good on paper. Let’s take an in-depth look and find out what the E35 elliptical trainer has to offer.
- LCD Display: The Sole Elliptical E35 2015 comes with a 7.5 inch backlit LCD display. The Display light is blue and we found the size to be sufficient and clarity to be pretty standard.
- Vitals Monitoring: Much like every other mid range elliptical trainer, the E35 has built-in pulse sensors on the handle bars. However, if you want a more accurate reading, the machine also supports chest strap heart rate monitor.
- Weight Limit: This is probably one of the most basic and important features of any elliptical trainer. The E35 certainly doesn’t disappoint in this department with a maximum weight limit of 375 pounds.
- Built-in Speakers: Once only included in the top end products, this is one feature that’s now increasingly becoming more popular among the mid range models. The Sole E35 elliptical trainer features a built-in speaker. The speaker is compatible with most mp3 players and ipods.
- Adjustable Inclination: Inclination helps you target different muscle groups and adjust the intensity of your workouts. The E35 allows up to 30 degrees of ramp inclination which can be adjusted by easily placed buttons. This is an aspect where the E35 fares slightly better. Mainly because most elliptical trainers falling under the same price bracket offers only up to 25 degrees of inclination. It may seem like trivial, but the extra 5 degrees can really help to amp up your workout.
- Adjustable Foot Bed: This is something that’s uniquely Sole. The foot pedals of the trainer have a 2 degree inward inclination. The company claims that this inclination helps protect the feet from common injuries and also ensures a more comfortable stride.
- Resistance Levels: More resistance levels doesn’t necessary mean more resistance. However, it does enable you to make minor resistance adjustments to find a level that’s suits your workout style. The E35 offers 20 different resistance levels which is pretty good considering a lot of elliptical trainer in the same price range come only with 16.
- Workout Programs: When it comes to workout programs, this particular model falls slightly short. It only comes with 6 standard programs and couple of custom programs, and 2 heart rate workout programs.
What We Liked:
There are a lot of fitness equipments out there that look great on paper but fail to deliver in real life.
This is why we combined our expertise in Sole Fitness work out equipment and countless online reviews to find out how user-friendly the E35 really is.
- Smooth Operation: The drive system of the machine is centered around 29 pound flywheel which is slightly on the heavier side considering the fact that the E35 is meant for homes. The combination of a heavier flywheel and high gear ratios enables buttery smooth operation.
- Highly Adjustable Ramp Inclination: It’s never a pleasant feeling when your workout equipment runs out of levels just when you are looking for ways to increase your workout intensity. As mentioned earlier the 30 degrees of ramp inclination makes the E35 capable of supporting high-intensity training.
- Hybrid Functionality: The E35 boasts a durability and functionality that’s often found in commercial models. Sole successfully packed in high number of resistance levels, 30 degrees of ramp inclination, and loads of small little features in a small machine frame. This means you get a gym-like workout without leaving the comforts of your home.
What We Didn’t Like:
There are very few products that are perfect in every aspect.
Unfortunately, the E35 is not one of them and it does come with its share of disadvantages. Again these cons are primarily based on verified user reviews on sites like the Amazon.
- Noisy In High Intensity Modes: According to a lot of customer reviews out there, the machine is bit noisy when doing high intensity training. Even though the noise level is low we consider it as a major drawback as it can disturb others in the house.
- Time Intensive Assembly: According to a lot of E35 owners and ellipticalconsumers.com, it takes hours to properly assemble the machine. Now if you are fond of solving elaborate jigsaw puzzles you might end up enjoying it but for people who don’t it can prove to be a bit of a bother. There have been people who complained that it took them over 4 hours to successfully assemble the entire machine. On the plus side, assembly only needs to be done once. So even if it takes a long time it’s only going to bother you that one time.
World Reading Sole Elliptical E35 – Overall Impression:
In the end, the E35 has got all the basics right.
Yes it is a bit noisy in high intensity modes and it does take a lot of time to assemble the product but these are negatives most people can easily live with. Sole fitness has got the fundamentals right by creating a machine that’s durable, smooth, and packs in a lot of useful features. Therefore, if you are looking for midrange elliptical trainer for your home then the Sole E35 elliptical definitely demands a serious consideration.